“I saw an article in Politico that is too dumb to link to, saying it is objectively true that Trump has had a bad first 100 days. This is a perfect example of what I call the “two movies on one screen effect.” I’m almost certain that many Trump supporters would say these facts are objectively true too:
- Economic confidence is up.
- Trump signed a bunch of executive orders. You might not like them, but that’s more about you, not about his job performance.
- China is putting the screws on North Korea (finally)
- Trump erased the “puppet of Putin” charge by prudent application of Tomahawk missiles. That’s an accomplishment, even if you don’t like it.
- Trump erased the “Trump is Hitler” hallucination that the Clinton side spray-painted onto him during the election. (That’s a big deal.)
- Trump got a qualified Supreme Court judge, albeit the hard way.
- Healthcare is moving along briskly from the first plan that was terrible to something that is approaching feasible. That’s progress, not failure…..
- You can criticize Trump’s actions against women’s reproductive rights, both on the topic of Planned Parenthood funding and his Supreme Court pick. But calling those things failures or successes depends on your political views, not on Trump’s job performance.”